Friday, 10 December 2010

Email - Penis Bend

Dear Peyronie's Disease UK,

I have just done a google search and came across your Peyronies site.
I noticed, completely out of the blue, a bend in my penis in September. It was a shock.
Since then have been to doc who referred me to Preston hospital, where the consultant said to leave it 6 months and then see him again.
He did say, somewhat casually, I might try vitamin E and Ibuprofen, but didn't say what kind of doses?
Good wishes, and trying to keep in good spirits.



Hi A,

My advice to you would be to try to get on pentoxifylline (aka trental). This is a drug that has shown at least some promise in the treatment of peyronie's disease. The consultants advice wasn't very useful in my opinion.

As pentoxifylline has shown to be useful in some men so I'd stick with that for 6 months to a year and then re-evaluate the situation. Perhaps the bend will improve somewhat over the period. In either case, if it is stable at not painful at a year to 18 months after injury and is still quite severe it may be worth trying to get surgery on the NHS.

Use of a VED or traction device may also be something you wish to explore. As a fellow sufferer, I undestand how difficult this condition can be to deal with. Keep your chin up. It might be worth your time to check out the peyronies disease forum. Talking through issues with those in similiar positions can often be helpful.


Peyronie's Disease UK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.